By Madison Bowden, Toppel Peer Advisor
Spring Break is here, and while you may be planning on what beach to tan at don’t forget to walk into the Toppel Career Center! With Spring Break coming there is also the question of “Where will I be this summer?” arising. The Toppel Career Center can help you find those last minute internships, immersion programs, and other career development programs to get your career started whether you are a freshman, sophomore, junior, or even senior! So enjoy Spring Break but remember to check into Toppel when you return. If you have yet to stop into Toppel Career Center this year I urge you to start your journey with us!
Here is a list of some of the many resources Toppel Career Center has to offer:
1. Counseling with a Professional Advisor (Schedule this through Handshake or come into Toppel Career Center for help)
2. Walk-In Advising any time from 9:00-4:30 p.m. (Monday-Friday) where a Peer Advisor can help you get started with your Networking resources such as LinkedIn; Critique your Resume; Mock Job Interviews; familiarize you with Internship/ Job Resources
3. Workshops for Career Development that are posted under Events on Handshake (If you are not familiar with Handshake yet I URGE you to stop into Walk-In Advising and learn all about the great things Handshake has to offer)
4. Grad School Resources and Information Sessions
5. Career Assessments that identify strengths, personality characteristics, interests, and potential career paths
6. UShadow- Shadow a Professional in a field you are interested to pursue!
Have a great Spring Break, and don’t forget to come into Toppel Career Center when you return to advance in your Career Development!