Are you on LinkedIn or Twitter? Have you ever “Googled” yourself? Have you checked the privacy settings on your Facebook account? If you answered no to any of these questions, you may be preventing yourself from finding that perfect job or internship.
More and more employers are using social media/networking to post jobs and to also get the inside scoop on candidates that they can’t get from a resume or interview. What does that mean for you? It means that not only do you need to have an online presence, but that presence has to be free of potentially damaging information!
Here are Toppel’s 6 Steps to Enhance Your Online Professional Image:
1. Create or Enhance Your LinkedIn Profile
2. Create and Use Your Twitter Account Effectively
3. Clean Up Your Facebook Profile
4. Google Yourself and Set Google Alerts
5. Create a YouTube Channel
6. Write and/or Comment on a Blog or Write Reviews
For more, click here.